Verity is hiring a Trauma Therapist!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID19 all Verity positions are remote working from home.
JOB TITLE: Bilingual Trauma Therapist
HOURS: 22 hours/week Nonexempt position
SALARY: 50 for LMFT or LCSW: 35 for AMFT or ASW
There is generous sick and vacation time accrual
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
OVERVIEW: This is a temporary position (March 2021 through end of November 2021) with the possibility of the position becoming permanent. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, this position provides psychotherapy services for community members impacted by sexual violence.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS: • Implements the Verity mission of eliminating violence with a specific emphasis on sexual violence and trauma
• Provides therapy or skill-building groups with a membership of at least 5 individuals, as needed.
• Establishes measurable goals with client’s input, and relates treatment plan to client goals
• Demonstrates understanding of transference and countertransference issues with clients
• Offers appropriate referrals to clients
• Uses supervisory feedback constructively
• Documents all client contact and session notes per Verity standards
• Understands the diversity of our Sonoma County communities
• Meets with Executive Director as needed
• Documents program activities in monthly, quarterly and yearly reports per grant funder requirements
• Attends to agency needs for documentation and data entry
• Manages electronic client files on Simple Practice EHR
• Other duties as assigned
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS: Qualifications Required:
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or similar license-track accredited master’s program
• Experience and aptitude for working with complex and single incident trauma survivors
• Training in treatment of both acute and complex trauma
• Current BBS registration as a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, or Associate Clinical Social Worker required. If unlicensed, priority will be given to those candidates that have gathered a minimum of 2500 experience hours.
• Bilingual candidate strongly preferred
• Offer of position is contingent upon completion of DOJ fingerprint check
• Experience working with clients that have experienced sexual assault, trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation, and other forms of single incident and/or complex trauma
• Experience with and knowledge of Sonoma County agencies and resources
• Experience with and sensitivity to low income and at-risk populations
• Familiar with providing individual, couples, and family therapy in a short-term format, using an effective theoretical framework.
APPLICATIONS: Applications must include all of the following three items:
1. Cover Letter
3. Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at: https://www.ourverity.org/careers/
These materials may be provided by email to [email protected] or mail to
Verity c/o Jessica Stillman
835 Piner Road, Suite D
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Verity complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.