We are hiring a Bilingual Prevention Specialist!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID19 all Verity positions are remote working from home. Should the situation change this position will be expected to go into schools and other public areas to conduct this work.
JOB TITLE: Bilingual Prevention Specialist
HOURS: 40 hours a week, Non-Exempt
SALARY/ BENEFITS: $23.00 an hour. Verity provides generous accrual of vacation and sick time prorated at .75 FTE and 12 paid holidays annually. After the 90-day introductory period, the employee may join Verity’s health insurance plan. This position is grant funded with funding guaranteed till May 2021.
REPORTS TO: Prevention Education Manager
OVERVIEW: The Bilingual Prevention Specialist position will be a full-time remote position. The Prevention Specialist provides advocacy to clients and prevention education outreach for youth and adults. The Bilingual Prevention Specialist will work with schools and community groups primarily focused on facilitation and development of 4R curricula to the Roseland area.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS: Bilingual Prevention Specialist
• Participate in organization committee meetings
• Attend community meetings as a representative of Verity
• Create, schedule, and present relevant presentations to parent groups, community organizations, and schools in the Roseland district
• Schedule and facilitate youth curriculum including, but not limited to, Verity’s curriculum such as the Teen Assault Prevention Program, the Middle School Teen Assault Prevention Program, Diversity Teen Assault Prevention Program, and the Child Abuse Prevention Program
• Submit and organized data and reports on outreach and presentations as needed
• Plan and execute outreach to Sonoma County communities
• Assist Prevention Manager in training of department volunteers/interns
• Attend webinars and conferences as needed
• Record and input data into Verity’s database systems for reporting purposes
• Provide advocacy and crisis intervention support to clients on both Verity’s 24/7 crisis line, SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) accompaniments and RCC (Redwood Children’s Center) accompaniments as needed
• Complete other duties as assigned
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for employment in this position:
• Basic understanding of prevention topics including interpersonal violence and bystander intervention methods
• Comfortable meeting with groups or individuals via zoom; ability to interact with people remotely in a comfortable and calm manner
• Attention to detail
• Written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
• Ability to represent Verity in a manner consistent with the culture of the organization
• Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• Ability to pass agency criminal background check, and juvenile detention background check
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and social media
• State certification in past three years as a sexual assault counselor/advocate
(If not certified, the candidate must be able to complete Verity’s 40 Hour Crisis Line Counselor training)
• Ability to speak, read and write Spanish
• Ability to translate materials as may be required for small elements of this grant
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The follow criteria are highly desirable for employment in this position:
• Experience working with students K-12
• Experience working with gang involved, incarcerated, and probationary youth.
• Experience with public speaking and presentations
• Knowledge of Sonoma County schools
• Previous experience running social media accounts for organizations or groups
• Fluency in any additional language
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to [email protected] or fax to: (707) 545-8136.
Verity Applications can be downloaded at: ourverity.org/apply
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.