We are hiring a Prevention Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) Specialist!
JOB TITLE: Prevention Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) Specialist
HOURS: 30 hours, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$22.50 an hour until completion of the 90-day introductory period, at which point payment will increase to $23.00 an hour. There is generous accrual of sick and vacation time starting immediately, and medical benefits will begin after the 90 day probation period.
REPORTS TO: Prevention Education Manager
OVERVIEW: All Prevention Specialists provides advocacy to clients and prevention education outreach for youth and adults. The Prevention YEP Specialist will not only work with schools and community groups all over Sonoma County, but will primarily focus on facilitation and development of YEP curricula including but not limited to: MyStrength, Girls Circle, Healthy Intimacy and Manhood (HIM), and Diversity Workshops which primarily serve incarcerated, detained, and probation youth.
Prevention YEP Specialist Duties
- Participate in organization committee meetings
- Attend community meetings as a representative of Verity
- Create, schedule, and present relevant presentations to parent groups, community organizations, and schools including Juvenile Hall, Sonoma State University, and the Santa Rosa Junior College
- Schedule and facilitate youth curriculum including, but not limited to, Verity’s curriculum such as the Teen Assault Prevention Program, the Middle School Teen Assault Prevention Program, Diversity Teen Assault Prevention Program, and the Child Abuse Prevention Program
- Submit and organized data and reports on outreach and presentations as needed
- Plan and execute outreach to Sonoma County communities
- Assist Prevention Manager in training of department volunteers/interns
- Attend webinars and conferences as needed
- Record and input data into Verity’s database systems for reporting purposes
- Provide advocacy and crisis intervention support to clients on both Verity’s 24/7 crisis line, SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) accompaniments and RCC (Redwood Children’s Center) accompaniments as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
The successful candidate possesses the ability to consistently demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Personal composure and flexibility to successfully perform all functions of the position Ability to tactfully and professionally handle all manner of communications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times for clients
- Ability to cohere to administrative Verity responsibilities, attend weekly staff meetings and other Verity functions
- Flexibility schedule to meet the needs of department objectives and community needs including occasional evenings, mornings, and weekends.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for employment in this position:
- Basic understanding of prevention topics including interpersonal violence and bystander intervention methods
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to represent Verity in a manner consistent with the culture of the organization
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to pass agency criminal background check, and juvenile detention background check
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and social media
State certification in past three years as a sexual assault counselor/advocate
(If not certified, the candidate must be able to complete Verity’s 40 Hour Crisis Line Counselor training)
The follow criteria are highly desirable for employment in this position:
- Experience working with students K-12
- Experience working with gang involved, incarcerated, and probationary youth.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
- Knowledge of Sonoma County schools
- Previous experience running social media accounts for organizations or groups
Fluency in any additional language
Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to [email protected] or fax to: 707-545-8136, Attn: Hayly Peacock. You can also mail or deliver the application materials to 835 Piner Road, Suite D, Santa Rosa CA 95403.
Verity Applications can be downloaded at: ourverity.org/apply
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.