We are hiring a Bilingual Prevention Specialist!
This is a temporary position (March 2020 through May 2020) with the possibility of the position becoming fulltime, permanent for one year in June 2020.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Bilingual Prevention Specialist provides advocacy to Spanish-speaking clients and prevention education outreach for Spanish and English-speaking youth and adults.
The Bilingual Prevention Specialist will
- Provide advocacy and crisis intervention support to Spanish-speaking clients on both Verity’s 24/7 crisis line, SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) accompaniments and RCC (Redwood Children’s Center) accompaniments
- Facilitate classroom presentations to elementary, middle school, high school and college campuses with a focus within Santa Rosa City Schools and other school districts.
- Act as the bilingual media spokesperson for radio, television, newspapers, and internet
- Participate in organization committee meetings
- Attend community meetings as a representative of Verity
- Create and present bilingual, monolingual and culturally relevant presentations to parent groups, community organizations, and schools including work inside juvenile hall
- Plan and execute outreach to Hispanic and Latino(a) communities
- Assist Prevention Manager in training of department volunteers/interns
- Translate press releases, brochures and other material from English to Spanish or Spanish to English, as needed
- Attend webinars and conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- State Certified Crisis Counselor Certificate – Certification must be current and in good standing (Verity will provide training if not already certified)
- Excellent written and oral communication in both Spanish and English, bicultural preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Social media
- Comfort in public speaking to groups of various sizes and ages
- Strong organizational skills and initiative
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to pass background check
- Experience working with students K-12
Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to [email protected] or fax to: 707-545-8136, Attn: Jessica Stillman
Verity Applications can be downloaded at: https://www.ourverity.org/careers/
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
Applications are due by February 21st
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Verity complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.