Development and Marketing Director
Verity is a hybrid work environment. You will be expected to be in the office during some of your hours.
JOB TITLE: Development and Marketing Director
HOURS: 40 hours a week/Exempt Position
SALARY & BENEFITS: This position starts at $80,000/year. Generous holiday pay and vacation time accrual; medical benefits will begin after the 60-day introductory period.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
In partnership with Verity’s Executive Director, the Development and Marketing Director will develop and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to secure financial support from individual donors, corporate sponsors, public agencies, and foundations. This position will also oversee the marketing and communications strategy to enhance the organization’s visibility and impact.
Donor and Fund Cultivation:
- Lead the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major individual and corporate gifts through relationship building, appeal letters, applications, and more.
- Work with the Board of Directors to identify and connect with potential donors and create stewardship opportunities. Leverage networks and support in fundraising efforts and ensure alignment with the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Ensure timely and appropriate acknowledgement of all donations and thoughtful stewardship of donors.
- Work with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and team to plan and implement special events.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with community stakeholders, including other nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies, to explore potential partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Stay current on best practices in philanthropy and apply to Verity’s fundraising strategies.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify potential funders and strategic organizational partners.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on proposal concepts, proposal writing and submissions.
- Oversee and prepare grant proposals and reports to ensure timely submission.
- Manage submissions deadlines and work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to ensure all requirements and reporting deliverables are met in adherence to grant agreements.
- Cultivates relationships with foundation leaders and program officers to build closer ties with Verity.
- Work closely with Verity Staff to understand program offerings, goals, and progress, and support the forward movement and growth for the organization.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to promote the organization’s programs and initiatives.
- Create and oversee the production of marketing materials, including brochures, newsletters, and digital content.
- Utilize social media and other digital platforms to increase the organization’s online presence.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent messaging and branding.
- Develop and manage budgets related to fundraising and marketing activities.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, providing regular reports to leadership.
- Manage staff in the development and marketing branch of the organization.
- Contribute to the organization’s overall strategic planning process, providing insights and recommendations on how to diversify and expand funding streams.
- Lead and mentor a team of professionals, providing guidance and support to help them achieve their goals and contribute to the organization’s overall fundraising success.
- Provide backup emergency coverage to the 24/7 crisis line as required.
We recognize that applicants may not have all of the qualifications and encourage applications regardless.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience with donor development, grant writing, marketing, and fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Nonprofit Management, or a related field
- Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising, donor relations, and marketing.
- Knowledge of Sonoma County, Bay Area, and California-based funding entities
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for the mission of Verity and the work of supporting survivors of sexual assault
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Knowledge of sexual assault and human trafficking-related funding entities
- Deep understanding of sexual assault and rape culture
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated to independently initiate and complete projects and paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Exceptional writing skills, with a demonstrated track record of articulating program impact to a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to speak persuasively and listen attentively
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software – we are currently transitioning to Salesforce and Classy
Applications must include all of the following three items:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at: https://www.ourverity.org/careers/
These materials may be provided by email to [email protected].
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.