We are hiring for a Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocate / Family Justice Center
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID 19 we are working a hybrid version with not all staff being in the offices on the same day/times. We do this for the health and well-being of all Verity employees. This would be required of you as part of your job. Verity is providing in person services.
Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocate (SAA) (Located at the Family Justice Center Sonoma County Sonoma County)
40 hours a week. Full time, Non-Exempt
$23 an hour. Generous accrual of sick and vacation time. Medical benefits starting after completion of 90-day probationary period.
Under the direct supervision of the Intervention Manager and working primarily off-site in a co-located collaborative environment at the Family Justice Center Sonoma County (FJCSC), implement crisis intervention services utilizing a social work model. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting victims of sexual assault, human trafficking, rape and other trauma caused by sexual violence. Provide support, advocacy, information and connection to resources both within the FJCSC and with off-site collaborative partners, and any additional services that may be required. Assist in training of law enforcement, medical staff, and other community members in the dynamics of sexual assault, the associated trauma, and services available. Must be committed to working with a diverse client population, providing immediate assessment and service delivery, as required. Work in tandem with other team members and programs housed at the FJCSC to develop a wraparound service delivery model to provide an efficient and effective approach to supporting client and family needs. Serve as advocate with Verity and Redwood Children’s Center, including accompaniments at child forensic interviews held on-site at Redwood Children’s Center.
Crisis Intervention / Accompaniment / Advocacy Services:
● Provide in-person and telephone crisis intervention for FJCSC clients ● Coordinate and provide medical/legal accompaniment services to victims, as needed
● Provide medical/legal accompaniment services to Redwood Children’s Center clients and their families to ensure interviews have Verity accompaniment services ● Support victims through the investigative and criminal justice systems by providing case status information, explaining investigative and prosecution processes, and accompanying victims to interviews, pre-text phone calls, medical exams, court and hearings
● Provide follow up & ongoing advocacy services via phone and in person to victims via case management as delineated in case notes/client plan
● Coordinate with the Verity and FJCSC teams to ensure adequate service delivery and follow through
● Refer clients to Verity for counseling and advocacy services
● Assist victims with connection to legal services (i.e. restraining orders) ● Attend case review meetings as needed
● Attend weekly Verity staff meetings, providing input and updates regarding client needs at FJCSC, as well as staffing or other relevant updates from FJCSC to Verity staff
● Attend meetings at FJCSC, as required
● Attend weekly advocate team meeting overseen by Lead Advocate ● Complete monthly paperwork such as mileage and other required documents on time
● Work as a team player, collaborating effectively with other staff members ● Accurate and timely program reports for funding entities
● Collect, maintain and input accurate confidential client information into Verity’s and FJCSC’s database systems as needed
● Adhere to all Verity personnel policies and protocols
● Serve as a Verity liaison at the Family Justice Center Sonoma County ● Additional duties and responsibilities as required by Executive Director or supervisor to facilitate the overall effective operation of Verity
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for employment in this position:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career management experience
● Bilingual candidate (Spanish/English)
● State certification within three years, in current standing, as a sexual assault counselor/advocate. If not certified, candidate must be able to complete Verity’s Crisis Line Counselor training
● Ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality
● Proficiency with Gmail and Microsoft Office
● Must be a self-starter who can work in a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines
● Offer of position is contingent upon completion of Family Justice Center Sonoma County background check and DOJ fingerprint check
Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to [email protected]
Verity Applications can be downloaded at: ourverity.org/careers/
*Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application. The 3 documents you must submit for consideration are: resume, cover letter, and Verity application.
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. Verity is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Verity strongly encourages people of all genders, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, people with disabilities, veterans, and members of traditionally marginalized groups to apply.