Verity is hiring a Bilingual / Human Trafficking Therapist!
JOB TITLE: Bilingual / Human Trafficking Therapist
HOURS: This position is 36 hours a week.
SALARY: $50 per hour
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
OVERVIEW: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, this position is the clinician providing
counseling services 18 hours a week for human trafficking survivors participating in Verity’s CalOES
HV program. The other 18 hours a week, the clinician will be providing counseling for Spanish
- Implements the Verity mission of eliminating violence with a specific emphasis on sexual
violence and trauma
- Provides counseling or support groups as needed
- Understands the diversity of our Sonoma County communities
- Establishes measurable goals with client's input, and relates treatment plan to client goals
- Demonstrates understanding of transference and countertransference issues with clients
- Offers appropriate referrals to clients
- Uses supervisory feedback constructively
- Documents all client contact and session notes per Verity standards
- Meets with Executive Director as needed
- Documents program activities in monthly, quarterly and yearly reports per grant funder
- Attends to agency needs for documentation and data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or similar license-track accredited masters
- Experience with both complex and single incident trauma survivors
- Current registration as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social
- Bilingual, English/Spanish required
- Experience working with clients that have experienced sexual assault, trafficking/commercial
sexual exploitation, and other forms of trauma
- Experience and knowledge of Sonoma County agencies and resources
- Experience with and sensitivity to low income and at-risk populations
- Provides individual, couples, and family counseling in a short term format, using an effective
- Provides counseling or skill-building groups with a membership of at least 5 individuals, as
Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to [email protected] or fax to:
707-545-8136, Attn: Jessica Stillman
Verity Applications can be downloaded at: https://ourverity.org/aboutverity/job-openings/
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Verity complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.