We are hiring a Counseling Services Manager (Bilingual Preferred)
Application Deadline: Friday, February 19th at 5:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID19 all Verity positions are remote working from home.
DURATION: Counseling Services Manager
Temporary position for 8 months with possibility of becoming permanent
HOURS: 18 hours/week Nonexempt position
BENEFITS: $25 per hour; upon satisfactory completion of 90 day probation period increases to $26/hr
There is generous sick and vacation time accrual
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Director of Operations manages Verity’s Counseling Department daily operations as well ensuring details of specific grant funded goals related to Counseling Department are met. Serves as the direct liaison with clients, community, funders, volunteers and staff on issues related to Verity Counseling Department. Key skills include: attention to detail; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all Verity employees and specifically with Verity Counseling Licensed Therapists; ability to work independently and remotely.
Well-versed and knowledgeable on trauma and sexual assault and impact on survivors with a clear understanding of vicarious trauma; ability to multi-task and work independently. Ability to conduct client intake interviews and input data into Verity’s Apricot Data System.
Management & Oversight
• Trains and supports Licensed Therapists and support group facilitators, alternative healing staff
• Ensures adequate caseload for each counselor
• Serves, as needed, as point person for counseling staff in day-to-day operational questions that may arise. Ability to refer specific issues that may arise to Executive Director or Counseling Group Consultant as necessary.
• Coordinates and oversees counseling support groups, facilitate groups as emergency backup
• Facilitates the flow of all clinical/department communication and information to Executive Director
• Performs additional duties as requested by Executive Director
• Screens and completes intake requests weekly and community and contract referrals, assigns intake completion when appropriate to Verity therapists.
• Maintains ongoing communication with Director of Operations to maintain smooth coordination of intake procedure and clinical protocols and procedures
• Supports clients that may need outside services and ensures warm referral to appropriate provider
• Acts as a mandated reporter and Sexual Assault Counselor, ensuring clients understand they have rights and access to advice services
• Maintains detailed records in agency Apricot database
• Assists in the development and creation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by funding agents
• Ensures client files are complete and properly electronically filed as appropriate
• Coordinate record request and subpoena response in collaboration with Group Consultant and Executive Director
• Coordinates counseling mandated reporting filing procedures
•Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or similar license-track accredited master’s program
•Experience and aptitude for working with complex and single incident trauma survivors
•Training in treatment of both acute and complex trauma
•Current BBS registration as a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, or Associate Clinical Social Worker required. If unlicensed, priority will be given to those candidates that have gathered a minimum of 2500 experience hours.
•Bilingual candidate strongly preferred
•Offer of position is contingent upon completion of DOJ fingerprint check
•Experience working with clients that have experienced sexual assault, trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation, and other forms of single incident and/or complex trauma
•Experience with and knowledge of Sonoma County agencies and resources
•Experience with and sensitivity to low income and at-risk populations
•Familiar with providing individual, couples, and family therapy in a short-term format, using an effective theoretical framework.
APPLICATIONS: Applications must include all of the following three items:
1. Cover Letter
3. Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at: https://www.ourverity.org/careers/
These materials may be provided by email to [email protected] or mail to
Verity c/o Jessica Stillman
835 Piner Road, Suite D
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Verity complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.