We are hiring for a Part-Time Counseling Services Coordinator
|JOB TITLE:||Counseling Services Coordinator, hybrid model, remote and in-person|
|HOURS:||20 hours/week Nonexempt position|
|$23 per hour
Sick and vacation time accrual, remote operating reimbursement available
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Operations
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Counseling Services Coordinator will be responsible for running the daily operations of the Counseling Program, which includes the Trauma Therapists and the Alternative Healing Practitioners. This position oversees the referral processes, management of client files, and supports the therapists and healers with general office needs, and other duties to be identified. This position contributes to the overall treatment team processes and requires empathy, patience and clarity regarding confidentiality, sensitive subjects and trauma informed care.
Intake Coordination/Client referral
- Manages the client referrals, including overseeing the waitlist, utilizing Verity’s triage tool, and completing the screening process including follow up calls.
- Point of contact for outside partner agencies counseling referrals
- Provides excellent customer service to individuals seeking treatment services.
- Reviews referrals to determine insurance coverage if any, understands Victims Compensation Program
- Displays open communication with supervisor and team
- Support clients with a trauma informed approach, has empathy and compassion and is non-judgmental.
- Maintains updated list of community mental health referrals, and refers individuals to outside mental health resources as needed.
- Acts as a mandated reporter and Sexual Assault Counselor, ensuring clients understand they have rights and access to advice services
- Ongoing communication with Verity’s Team for effective referral processing
- Phone skills, friendly natured, ability to deal with potentially upset individuals
- Maintain detailed records in agency database
- Assist in the development and creation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by funding agents
- Manages Simple Practice EHR account, the on-line HIPAA compliant platform for therapists.
- Coordinate counseling mandated reporting filing procedures
- Protect confidentiality of, organize, and maintain the agency’s remaining paper client files per HIPAA standards.
- Determine which confidential paper files are due to be destroyed, and shred them as needed.
- Ensure proper storage of sensitive client information
- Report to the Director of Operations of any needs in the counseling department to maintain sensitive and comfortable space for clients.
- Coordinates and facilitates biweekly counseling meetings.
General organization-wide responsibilities
- Attends staff meetings
- Participates in organization-wide or partner events
- Represents Verity in the community as needed
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- State Certified Sexual Assault Counselor or willingness to become certified (Verity provides training)
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Prior experience with medical billing and/or conducting intakes preferred.
- Prior experience with data input in a Customer Relationship Manager such as Salesforce preferred
- Team player
- Current HIPAA training certification (Will be offered upon hire, if not current)
- Ability to communicate with clients with mental challenges or crisis
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Interest in helping someone seek the change he/she/they are looking for.
- Willing to be a part of societal change around sexual assault and abuse
Applications must include all of the following three items:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at: https://www.ourverity.org/careers/
These materials may be provided by email to [email protected].
Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter and completed Verity application.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.