We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Please take a look at our other job openings.
TITLE: Sexual Assault Victim Outreach Advocate
HOURS: 40 hours a week. This is a grant funded position.
$18.22/hour with a raise to $18.72/hour upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
Medical benefits for employee begin after completion of 90 day probationary period.
Generous vacation and sick leave accrual as well as paid holidays.
This advocate will work primarily off-site in the field with a team, implementing crisis intervention to engage homeless and at-risk-of-homelessness victims of sexual assault and other crimes. Sexual assault includes, but is not limited to sexual abuse, human trafficking, commercial sexual exploitation, and rape. This position will provide support, advocacy, information, and connection to resources within the realm of the Family Justice Center Sonoma County and the Victim Services Division of the office of the District Attorney. This person will also work with off-site federal grant partners, and present community presentations on the dynamics of sexual assault and related crimes and the effects on homeless or at-risk-of-homelessness persons. Candidates must be committed to working with a diverse client population, providing immediate assessment, and service delivery, as required. The right candidate will have the capacity to work both independently and as a team member and to track data and system delivery daily.
Crisis Intervention/Accompaniment/Advocacy Services:
• Provide outreach services victims of sexual assault to individuals that are homeless, or at-risk of becoming homeless
• Outreach sites include jail, day centers, County social services, clinics, hospitals/emergency rooms, FJCSC, open area such as bridges/overpasses, homeless encampments, and others
• Coordinate with other agencies in XC grant to ensure broad outreach without duplication of efforts
• Screen outreach clients with Vulnerability Index Service Priority Decision Assistance Tool
• Provide follow up & ongoing advocacy services and referrals via phone and in person to victims via case management as delineated in case notes/client plan
• Provide accompaniment to law enforcement interviews, medical/forensic exams, court appointments/dates
• Coordinate with the Verity team and other partners to ensure adequate service delivery and follow through
• Present at community meetings on homeless persons who are victimized by sexual assault
• Attend weekly Verity staff meetings, providing input and updates regarding client needs
• Attend meetings at Victim Services unit of the District Attorney’s office and at least one meeting out of state annually regarding the grant and overall implementation
• Complete monthly paperwork such as mileage
• Work as a team player, collaborating effectively with other staff members
• Collect, maintain and input timely and accurate confidential client information into Verity’s and HMIS database systems
• Adhere to all Verity personnel policies and protocols
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required by Executive Director or supervisor to facilitate the overall effective operation of Verity
The offer of this position is contingent upon completion of Family Justice Center Sonoma County background check and Department of Justice fingerprint check. To be considered for this position, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience
• State certification within three years, in current standing, as a sexual assault counselor/advocate. If not certified, candidate must be able to complete Verity’s Crisis Line Counselor training
• The ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality
• A working proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail and others), database systems, and Microsoft Office
• The agency to be a self-starter who can work in a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines
• Bilingualism in English and Spanish is highly desirable
Applications must include all of the following three items:
1. Cover Letter
3. Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at: http://ourverity.org/wp-content/verity-app.pdf
These materials may be provided by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 707-545-8136, attn: Communications, or by mail to:
Verity c/o Caitlin Quinn
835 Piner Road, Suite D
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
These materials are due by 11:59 PM on Thursday, November 9th.
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.