This position has been filled as of 6/12/17.
Position: Veterans Case Coordinator
Part-Time, 15 hours a week
$18.22 an hour, increasing to $18.72 after 90 day probationary period
• Tuesdays 9am-12pm for Santa Rosa Vet Connect meetings and 1-2pm for Verity staff meetings
• The other 11 hours are flexible based on clients’ needs and outreach opportunities
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the case coordinator position for Verity’s Forgotten Warriors Project is intended to provide case management and outreach to men and women in Sonoma County who have served, or who are currently serving in the military. Hours are flexible, however, it is required for applicants to be available Tuesdays, from 9am-12pm to attend Vet Connect meetings at the Veteran’s Memorial Building in Santa Rosa as well as in Guerneville. Applicants should also be available from 9am-11am the first Thursday of every month to attend the Veterans Advisory Council on Mental Health meeting. In addition to these meetings, the case coordinator will provide outreach to other local service providers and agencies working with veterans, churches, housing facilities, and beyond, in order to connect veterans with Verity’s services.
• Case Management
• Problem-solving (identifying issues that that cause stress in client’s life and collaboratively brainstorming solutions).
• Helping with general organization and scheduling of support for needs.
• Collaborating with Verity’s lead clinician and following up with clients
• Providing and explaining resources
• Assisting with application for services due veterans from the V.A. and assisting with at time writing and submitting their V.A. claims. Strong advocacy skills required
• Family Support
• Ensuring that all services are available to family members as well
• Writing letters on client’s behalf to substantiate need for other services
• Making phone calls on client’s behalf to find resources or schedule appointments
• Attending an appointment or event as a person of support with the client
• Addressing in-person and over-the-phone crises and non-crisis situations
• Following up with clients
• Finding resources that are helpful and relevant client’s needs
• Keeping referral list relevant and updated
• Building relationships with other service providers
• Administrative Duties
• Data entry and client intake form for each client served
• Track outreach and advocacy numbers with vet connect and case management forms
• Write monthly reports for board
• Write quarterly reports for grantor
• Attending Vet Connect meetings every Tuesday from 9am-12pm
• Attending monthly mental health meetings, occurring on the first Thursday every month
• Outreaching to other services providers, churches, veteran’s groups, etc. with the goal of distributing information about Verity’s Forgotten Warriors Project
• Meeting routinely with personnel at the Two Rock Coast Guard facility in Petaluma
• Creating rapport with command staff at Sonoma County Correctional Facility; in person meetings with clients who are currently incarcerated and are former veterans
• Equivalent career experience
• State certification, in past three years, as a sexual assault counselor/advocate. If not certified, candidate must be able to complete Verity’s Crisis Line Counselor training.
• Ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Must be a self-starter who can work in an independent and team environment and handle a variety of tasks with deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication and facilitation skills.
• Employment is contingent upon completion of background check and DOJ fingerprint check.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not mandatory
APPLICATIONS must include all of the following three items:
1. Cover Letter
3. Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
These materials may be provided to our Communications Coordinator, Caitlin Quinn, by email to email@example.com , by fax to 707-545-8136 or by mail to:
Caitlin Quinn c/o Verity
835 Piner Road, Suite D
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The sooner your application is received, the more likely it is to be reviewed. We are hoping to schedule interviews the first week of June.
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.