Contract Position through August 2018
The funding for the position of Bilingual Therapist comes from a collaborative effort with a variety of grant sources.
This is a temporary, contracted position. It is anticipated that the position will begin around April 9, 2018, and will continue at least through July 30, 2018. Exact dates are flexible based on the needs of the agency and needs of the candidates.
This is a bilingual (Spanish/English) position. Please do not apply if you do not meet this criterion. A successful candidate will work 16 hours a week, preferably over two days. The salary rate is $50 an hour.
Verity was founded in 1974 as Women Against Rape, a grassroots organization for women who were traumatized by rape. The agency consisted of a phone number women could call for emotional support. That crisis line is still the only one of its kind in Sonoma County, and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Today, Verity is governed by a board of directors numbering up to 12, with day-to-day operations performed by a paid staff of 24 and more than 60 volunteers. We promote social justice and equality for all adults and children who have been sexually assaulted. We are committed to ending sexual violence by working to eliminate those conditions that cause or tolerate it. We recognize that the process of ending violence in our community involves a partnership of individuals, groups, and institutions. We are an active partner in that effort as a member of the community.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, this position provides individual, couple, family, group, and child and teen counseling as needed on mental health and personal growth issues for survivors of sexual assault and sexual violence. The Bilingual Therapist will apply clinical skills including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning with clients.
● A Master’s degree in a human services field required
● Two or more years of post-Master’s experience is required.
● Current license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
● Bilingualism (English/Spanish)
● Experience with and sensitivity to low income and at-risk populations.
● Experience working with clients that have experienced sexual assault and other forms of trauma.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
● Implements the Verity mission of eliminating violence with a specific emphasis on sexual violence and trauma.
● Provides individual, couples, and family counseling in a short-term format, using an effective theoretical framework.
● Provides counseling or skill-building groups with a membership of at least 5 individuals, as needed.
● Provides case management and crisis intervention, as needed, for counseling clients within regular position working hours.
● Understands the diversity of our Sonoma County communities.
● Establishes measurable goals with client’s input, and relates treatment plan to client goals.
● Demonstrates an understanding of transference and counter-transference issues with clients.
● Offers appropriate referrals to clients.
● Uses supervisory feedback constructively.
● Documents all client contact and session notes per Verity standards.
● Meets with Director of Operations as needed.
● Collects client evaluation forms in a timely fashion.
● Attends to agency needs for documentation.
● Addresses other duties as assigned.
Please send a cover letter, resume and Verity application via email to email@example.com or fax to (707) 545-8136, attn: Caitlin Quinn
Verity Applications can be downloaded from this page. Materials will not be considered without a cover letter, resume and completed Verity application. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
EEO: Verity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Verity complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.