This position has been filled as of May 1, 2018! Please see our other job openings.
Position: Support Group Facilitator (Contractor)
Reports To: Director of Operations
Pay: $25/hour, independent contractor
Overview: Provides trauma-informed group facilitation with a goal of reducing isolation and shame for survivors. Acts as a mandated reporter while maintaining the safety and integrity of the group. Group facilitator understands survivor needs and challenges and refers to appropriate resources, including Verity advocacy and counseling. The facilitator provides crisis intervention when needed within a strengths-based, empowerment framework.
- Facilitates weekly drop-in support group for women on Mondays from 6 PM – 7 PM.
- Keeps groups confidential and attends to the safety of group members.
- Acts as a mandated reporter during group facilitation.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed for the group.
- Submits timely and accurate paperwork as directed.
- Reports any members’ unique needs to Director of Operations.
- Prior experience facilitating groups with adults and teens
- Knowledge of or desire to learn about rape crisis center
- Ability to pass a background check
- Cultural competency
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community resources
Bilingualism and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field are both highly desirable.
To Apply: Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Completed and signed Verity Application
2) Current Resume
3) Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in this opportunity and why you are uniquely qualified to facilitate groups for Verity.
Verity is an equal opportunity employer. Verity does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or creed, age, handicap or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law.