Position: Support Group Facilitator (Contractor)
Reports To: Director of Operations
Pay: $25/hour, independent contractor
Provides trauma-informed group facilitation with a goal of reducing isolation and shame for survivors. Acts as a mandated reporter while maintaining the safety and integrity of the group. Group facilitator understands survivor needs and challenges and refers to appropriate resources, including Verity advocacy and counseling. Facilitator provides crisis intervention when needed within a strengths-based, empowerment framework.
- Facilitates weekly drop-in support group for women, Mondays 6-7pm.
- Keeps groups confidential and attends to safety of group members
- Acts as a mandated reporter during group facilitation, including timely reports
- Provides crisis intervention as needed for group
- Submits timely and accurate paperwork as directed
- Reports any members’ unique needs to Director
- Graduate of bachelor’s program in psychology, social services or related field
- Prior experience facilitating groups with adults and teens
- Knowledge of or desire to learn about rape crisis center
- Ability to pass a background check
- Demonstrates cultural competency
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community resources
Email the following to email@example.com:
1) Completed and signed Verity Application
2) Current Resume
3) Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in this opportunity and why you are uniquely qualified to facilitate groups for Verity.
Verity is an equal opportunity employer. Verity does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or creed, age, handicap or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law.