We are hiring MFT, LPC, or ASW Trainees and Interns!
Verity, Sonoma County’s Rape Crisis and Trauma Center, is seeking applicants for positions as Intern or Trainee (as defined by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences), to provide services in our counseling program. Our clients need counselors, and being able to provide confidential, affordable counseling to victims and survivors and their families is what makes our rape crisis center so special.
Our internship/traineeship offers you:
- A Verity internship/traineeship offers a broad range of counseling experience leading toward licensure.
- Interns/Trainees have the opportunity to work with children (6-12), teens, and adults in individual, family, couples and/or group formats.
- Group and individual supervision is provided by a licensed MFT experienced in trauma services.
- In addition, training is also provided to become a California State Certified Sexual Assault Counselor.
- Verity is committed to supporting the growth, learning and confidence of interns/trainees in their path toward licensure.
Who we serve:
- Clients seeking services at Verity include both males and females, representing diverse backgrounds, with referrals from the community, county social services and probation, law enforcement, and others.
- We serve survivors of sexual assault and a range of interpersonal traumas, including single-incident and complex trauma; survivors of other traumatic events; and clients with past traumas impacting current life issues.
- In addition, we provide counseling services to families and supporters of trauma survivors.
A year’s commitment is required and availability to see an average of ten clients per week. Counseling services are provided in our Santa Rosa offices, with some off-site locations. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to email@example.com. Please direct any questions to Amanda Silva, Director of Operations at 707-545-7270 ext 14.