We will be accepting job applications for this position until September 11th, 2018 at 4:59 PM.
JOB TITLE: Bilingual Human Trafficking Caseworker
HOURS: 40 hours, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SALARY & BENEFITS: $19.50 an hour with an increase to $20.00 an hour upon completion of the 90-day introductory period. There is a generous sick and vacation time accrual, and medical benefits will begin after the 90-day introductory period.
REPORTS TO: Crisis Intervention Manager
This position will last until the end of March of 2019; we are currently exploring funding opportunities to ensure. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Trafficking (HT) Caseworker provides client-centered crisis intervention & intake assessment, ongoing advocacy, intensive ongoing case management including but not limited to direct connection to Verity & Agency Partner services to survivors of human trafficking (both labor and sex trafficking) and their children. This position will coordinate all activities related to case management and program operations, including but not limited to, in-person CSEC/SART exams and/or interviews, accompaniment throughout all stages of the legal and/or immigration processes, accompaniment and advocacy with social services, court, and local law enforcement. The HT Caseworker provides confidential services, informing survivors and their families of their legal rights and options and supporting them in their choices as part of ongoing case management. The HT Caseworker maintains partnerships with other community agencies and providers to coordinate and advocate all service needs. The HT Caseworker also serves on committees and workgroups related to human trafficking to advocate for survivors needs.
- Provide in-person and telephone crisis intervention & advocacy for clients affected by human trafficking and complete initial needs assessment
- Provide ongoing and intensive case management expanding on an initial needs assessment that includes comprehensive follow-up contact & ongoing advocacy services via phone and in person
- Work with clients to create individualized case plans from a client-centered, empowerment model that supports survivors to reintegrate into society
- As part of the individual case plan, assist clients with access to long-term housing, emergency shelter, and long-term programs which include shelter for up to 24 months
- Support trafficked victims through the investigative and criminal justice systems by providing case status information, explaining investigative and prosecution processes, and accompanying victims to related appointments
- Work as a team player, collaborating effectively with other staff members and community agencies
- Collect, maintain and input confidential client information, assessments, and services provided into Verity’s database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant life and career experience
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work at varying hours due to needing to be available for emergency “call out” for victims.
- State certification as a sexual assault counselor/advocate.
- If not currently certified, the candidate must be able to complete Verity’s Crisis Line Counselor training.
- Ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality.
- Experience with “at-risk” or otherwise disenfranchised populations; ability to connect and establish trust.
- Case management experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Google applications and Microsoft Office
Any offer of the position is contingent upon completion of Family Justice Center Sonoma County background check and DOJ fingerprint check.
Verity is an equal opportunity employer. Verity does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, disability or disability under the terms set forth under applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please supply all three of the items below by 4:59 PM on Tuesday, September 11th. The three items that you will need to submit are:
- A resume
- A cover letter
- A completed and signed Verity Application
The application can be downloaded here: Verity Application.
Materials should be submitted in the same fax, email, or envelope whenever possible.
To submit your materials by email, please email materials in PDF or Word format to email@example.com.
To submit your materials by fax, fax them to (707) 545 – 8136, ATTN: Communications.
To submit your materials in-person or through the mail, please put all hard copies in an envelope addressed to Verity Communications, 835 Piner Road, Suite D, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
Have questions? Email or call our Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 545-7270 x 15!