We have begun interviews for this position and are no longer accepting applications.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, this position provides individual and group counseling to incarcerated or detained individuals who have been impacted by sexual assault, violence, or exploitation.
* Master’s degree in a human services field.
* Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker, or Registration as Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (Intern) or Associate Social Worker.
* Experience with and sensitivity to low-income and at-risk populations.
* Experience working with incarcerated populations.
* Experience working with clients that have experienced sexual assault and other forms of trauma.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
* Implements the Verity mission of eliminating violence with a specific emphasis on sexual violence and trauma.
* Provides individual counseling in a short-term format, using a trauma-informed theoretical framework with evidenced-based intervention focused on recovery.
* Provides support and/or skill-building groups as needed.
* Collaborates with Verity Sexual Assault Advocates and staff in case management, services provision, and appropriate referrals.
* Responsiveness to the needs of incarcerated clients from diverse backgrounds with histories of complex, chronic and/or acute trauma.
* Establishes measurable goals with client’s input, and integrates comprehensive treatment plan with client goals.
* Documents all client contact and related services in complete, accurate and timely manner.
* Meets with Executive Director as needed.
* Collects client evaluation forms in a timely fashion.
* Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Hours:
This a 23 hour per week position at $35/hour. This is a grant-funded position lasting through at least September 2019.
Please submit the following three items to our Communications Department by 11:59 PM on Monday, January 15th, 2018:
2. Cover Letter
3. Verity Application
These materials may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (707) 545-8136, or by mail to 835 Piner Road, Suite D, Santa Rosa CA 95403. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.