Veterans’ Case Coordinator.
Part-Time (15 hours a week.)
$18.22 an hour, increasing to $18.72 after completion of a 90 day probationary period.
Tuesdays 9am-12pm for Santa Rosa Vet Connect meetings and in the Verity main office after Vet Connect until 5pm. The other 7 hours are flexible based on clients’ needs and outreach opportunities.
Application Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the case coordinator position for Verity’s Forgotten Warriors Project is intended to provide case management and outreach to men and women in Sonoma County who have served, or who are currently serving in the military. Hours are flexible, however, it is required for applicants to be available Tuesdays, from 9am-12pm to attend Vet Connect meetings at the Veteran’s Memorial Building in Santa Rosa as well as in Guerneville. The ideal applicant would also be available from 9am-11am the first Thursday of every month to attend the Veterans Advisory Council on Mental Health meeting. In addition to these meetings, the case coordinator will provide outreach to other local service providers and agencies working with veterans, churches, housing facilities, and beyond, in order to connect veterans with Verity’s services.
- Problem-solving (identifying issues that that cause stress in client’s life and collaboratively brainstorming solutions).
- Helping with general organization and scheduling of support for needs.
- Collaborating with Verity’s lead clinician and following up with clients
- Providing and explaining resources
- Assisting with application for services due veterans from the V.A. and assisting with at time writing and submitting their V.A. claims. Strong advocacy skills required
- Ensuring that all services are available to family members as well
- Writing letters on client’s behalf to substantiate need for other services
- Making phone calls on client’s behalf to find resources or schedule appointments
- Attending an appointment or event as a person of support with the client
- Addressing in-person and over-the-phone crises and non-crisis situations
- Following up with clients
- Finding resources that are helpful and relevant client’s needs
- Keeping referral list relevant and updated
- Building relationships with other service providers
- Adding to Verity’s network of resources and referrals
- Data entry and client intake form for each client served
- Track outreach and advocacy numbers with vet connect and case management forms
- Write monthly reports for board and write quarterly reports for grantor
- Attending Vet Connect meetings every Tuesday from 9am-12pm
- Outreaching to other services providers, churches, veteran’s groups, etc. with the goal of distributing information about Verity’s Forgotten Warriors Project
- Meeting routinely with personnel at the Two Rock Coast Guard facility in Petaluma
- Creating rapport with command staff at Sonoma County Correctional Facility; in person meetings with clients who are currently incarcerated and are former veterans
- Relevant career experience
- State certification, in past three years, as a sexual assault counselor/advocate. (If not certified, candidate must be able to complete Verity’s Crisis Line Counselor training.)
- Ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be a self-starter who can work in an independent and team environment and handle a variety of tasks with deadlines.
- Excellent written & oral communication and facilitation skills.
- Bilingualism in English/Spanish preferred but not mandatory
Employment is contingent upon completion of background check and Department of Justice fingerprint check.
APPLICATIONS must include all of the following three items:
- Cover Letter
3. Completed Verity job application form. This form is available online at
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
These materials may be provided to our Communications Coordinator, Caitlin Quinn, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 707-545-8136, or by mail to:
Caitlin Quinn c/o Verity
835 Piner Road, Suite D
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; if you would like to be considered for this position, please apply as soon as you are able.
Verity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Leave a comment