This position has been filled, please check out our other career and volunteer openings.Leave a comment
Position: Support Group Facilitator (Contractor)
Reports To: Director of Operations
Pay: $25/hour, independent contractor
Provides trauma-informed group facilitation with a goal of reducing isolation and shame for survivors. Acts as a mandated reporter while maintaining the safety and integrity of the group. Group facilitator understands survivor needs and challenges and refers to appropriate resources, including Verity advocacy and counseling. Facilitator provides crisis intervention when needed within a strengths-based, empowerment framework.
- Facilitates weekly drop-in support group for women, Mondays 6-7pm.
- Keeps groups confidential and attends to safety of group members
- Acts as a mandated reporter during group facilitation, including timely reports
- Provides crisis intervention as needed for group
- Submits timely and accurate paperwork as directed
- Reports any members’ unique needs to Director
- Graduate of bachelor’s program in psychology, social services or related field
- Prior experience facilitating groups with adults and teens
- Knowledge of or desire to learn about rape crisis center
- Ability to pass a background check
- Demonstrates cultural competency
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community resources
Email the following to email@example.com:
1) Completed and signed Verity Application
2) Current Resume
3) Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in this opportunity and why you are uniquely qualified to facilitate groups for Verity.
Verity is an equal opportunity employer. Verity does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion or creed, age, handicap or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law.Leave a comment
We are hiring MFT, LPC, or ASW Trainees and Interns!
Verity, Sonoma County’s Rape Crisis and Trauma Center, is seeking applicants for positions as Intern or Trainee (as defined by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences), to provide services in our counseling program. Our clients need counselors, and being able to provide confidential, affordable counseling to victims and survivors and their families is what makes our rape crisis center so special.
Our internship/traineeship offers you:
- A Verity internship/traineeship offers a broad range of counseling experience leading toward licensure.
- Interns/Trainees have the opportunity to work with children (6-12), teens, and adults in individual, family, couples and/or group formats.
- Group and individual supervision is provided by a licensed MFT experienced in trauma services.
- In addition, training is also provided to become a California State Certified Sexual Assault Counselor.
- Verity is committed to supporting the growth, learning and confidence of interns/trainees in their path toward licensure.
Who we serve:
- Clients seeking services at Verity include both males and females, representing diverse backgrounds, with referrals from the community, county social services and probation, law enforcement, and others.
- We serve survivors of sexual assault and a range of interpersonal traumas, including single-incident and complex trauma; survivors of other traumatic events; and clients with past traumas impacting current life issues.
- In addition, we provide counseling services to families and supporters of trauma survivors.
A year’s commitment is required and availability to see an average of ten clients per week. Counseling services are provided in our Santa Rosa offices, with some off-site locations. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to Amanda Silva, Director of Operations at 707-545-7270 ext 14.
Leave a comment